Below is a press release issued by Nissan Australia and relates to the Nissan Patrol Warrior by Premcar, which has been developed as a new model variant in the Nissan Patrol model range sold in Australia:
21st September 2023: Building on the success of the Navara PRO-4X Warrior and Navara SL Warrior, the Patrol Warrior by Premcar furthers the celebrated Warrior story, creating an impressive flagship 4WD ready for Australian customers.
The Patrol Warrior by Premcar is the result of real-world market feedback that has helped create a vehicle that has been tailor-made for Australian conditions.
“Australia is a unique country, with unique conditions and many highly informed new-car buyers who demand a 4WD that’s engineered for our vast and rugged landscape,” says Premcar Engineering Director, Bernie Quinn.
“The Patrol Warrior by Premcar has been developed specifically for Australian conditions and is the product of some of Australia’s leading car-making know-how. It’s been developed after thousands of hours of intensive research by our dedicated team of automotive industry engineering and manufacturing specialists, and we’re incredibly proud to launch the latest addition to the Warrior range.”
Premcar has been Nissan’s engineering partner since the launch of the much-lauded Warrior program in 2019, with vehicles re-engineered in Victoria to create tough flagship models suited to local conditions.
This new addition to the Patrol line-up delivers key mechanical upgrades, as well as interior and exterior changes, that enhance the capability of the already highly regarded Patrol.
The four pillars
The Patrol Warrior by Premcar has been engineered to ensure no compromise to the Patrol’s base vehicle design characteristics whilst enhancing capability to suit Australian conditions.
Development work focused on four key pillars, each of which broadens the Patrol’s already legendary capability.
- Enhanced capability: The Patrol’s off-road capability is enhanced by the Warrior’s increased ground clearance, larger all terrain tyres, redesigned towbar to support the Warrior’s full-size spare, and key improvements to its suspension and GVM#.
- Road presence: With refreshed exterior styling and expanded dimensions, the Patrol Warrior by Premcar boasts a significantly enhanced presence whether on- or off-road, whilst the interior has been finished in black gloss and Alcantara™ trim with Warrior embossing.
- The perfect soundtrack: The Patrol Warrior by Premcar features a new bi-modal exhaust system to enhance the driving experience and unleash the ultimate expression of Nissan’s 298kW V8.
- Superb refinement: The Patrol Warrior by Premcar manages to be both tough and refined, delivering a blend of cabin comfort, ride and handling, and off-road capability thanks to its enhanced HBMC suspension.
The Patrol Warrior by Premcar is based on the well-appointed Nissan Patrol Ti, with standard features including satellite navigation, electric front seats, blind spot warning, Around-View Monitor, emergency braking, and leather-accented seats^.
The Patrol Warrior by Premcar is available in four distinctive paint colours, including Brilliant Silver, Moonstone White, Gun Metallic, and Black Obsidian.
The Patrol Warrior by Premcar introduces the most comprehensive Warrior re-engineering package to date, with no stone left unturned in the search for broadened capability.
- Warrior-branded front bumper assembly
- Red Warrior branded bash plate
- Black fender flares
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Yokohama® G015 295/70 All-Terrain tyres
- Bespoke towbar with two rear recovery points
- Bi-modal exhaust
- Rear bumper assembly with black valance panel
- Black mirror caps
- Black grille
- Warrior decals and badging
- Black interior colour theme
- Alcantara™ door and dash inlay featuring Warrior branding
- High-gloss black trim elements (centre console)
- 50mm lift (+29mm suspension lift, +21mm wheel and tyre package)
- 40mm wider track vs. Ti
- 40 degree approach angle
- 23.3 degree departure angle (measured with towbar fited)
- Re-engineered Hydraulic Body Motion Control (HBMC) system tuned by Premcar
- Re-developed front springs
- New progressive rate rear bump-stop
- New multi-rate rear springs
- 409 stainless steel side exit exhaust with bi-modal valve and actuator
- 120 kg GVM upgrade
- 48 kg increase in carrying capacity vs. Ti
- Maintains the Patrol’s 3.5-tonne braked towing capacity+
Pricing and grade walk
Nissan Patrol Ti – $84,900*
Nissan Patrol Warrior by Premcar – $101,160* (based on Nissan Patrol Ti)
Nissan Patrol Ti-L – $97,600*
- 5.6L V8 engine (298kW @ 5800rpm, 560Nm @ 4000rpm)
- 7sp automatic with Manual Mode and Adaptive Shift Control (ASC)
- Off road bumper
- Rear Helical Limited Slip Differential|
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Off-road monitor
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 18″ alloy wheels
- Heated door mirrors with power adjustment/folding and integrated indicator lights
- Audio system with CD/DVD, AM/FM radio, MP3 and USB / iPod% connectivity with Bluetooth®= audio streaming
- Satellite Navigation with 8″ touch screen display
- Traffic Monitoring System
- 6 speakers
- Tri-zone climate control air conditioning
- 8 seat capacity
- 8-way power adjustable driver seat including height adjustment and lumbar support
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Hydraulic Body Motion Control suspension (HBMC)
- Leather-accented seats^
- Automatic headlights
- LED front fog lights
- Follow Me Home headlight function
- Intelligent Key with remote keyless entry
- Intelligent Around-View Monitor with Moving Object Detection
- Intelligent Emergency Braking
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Warning
- Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention
Patrol Warrior by Premcar (based on Patrol Ti)
Adds or replaces
- Unique wheel, tyre and suspension package — 50mm total lift
- Re-engineered HBMC system & new front and rear springs, and rear bump stops
- Towbar — redesigned to fit full-size Warrior spare
- 120kg GVM Upgrade#
- Unique 18″ alloy wheels and All-Terrain tyres
- 2.5mm thick steel Red Bash Plate
- Black Exterior Highlights – grille and mirror Caps
- Bi-modal exhaust
- Black interior colour theme
All features of the Ti plus:
- 7 seat capacity
- Driver’s seat memory with two settings, including side mirrors and steering column position
- First row centre console cool box
- 13 premium BOSE® speakers
- Two second row seat 8″ entertainment screens with headphones and remote control
- Intelligent Rear View Mirror (I-RVM)
- Puddle illumination light
- Power operated tailgate
- Roof rails
- Sunroof (electric one-touch power tilt & slide) with Privacy Glass
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Tilt and telescopic electronically adjustable steering column
- Premium bumper
*Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) are provided for media purposes only and do not include premium paint, statutory charges or other on-road costs.
^Leather accented features and upholstery may contain synthetic material
#Gross Vehicle Mass is the maximum loaded mass of a vehicle.
Additional note by Premcar: The Nissan Patrol Warrior by Premcar is now available to order from authorised Nissan dealers across Australia. Contact your local Nissan dealer today.
About Premcar – Premcar Pty Ltd is a leading Australian vehicle engineering business that specialises in the automotive, defence and aerospace industries. For more than 25 years, global car-makers have made Premcar their go-to partner for the complete design, engineering and manufacture of niche-model new cars, full-scale new-vehicle development programs, and electric vehicle (EV) conversions and manufacturing. As the name behind more than 200,000 new cars and 55,000 new-vehicle engines, Premcar’s body of work is extensive and has delivered technical and sales success for major car brands from Europe, the USA, Japan, China and Australia. Visit premcar.au.
Follow Premcar on Instagram – @premcaraustralia
Follow Premcar on LinkedIn – @Premcar Pty Ltd